Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random

I have had so much to write about lately, and I just can't seem to make myself sit down and get started. I used to really enjoy blogging, and now it seems like a chore. I think it's the perfectionist in me coming out. If I can't transform my thoughts into a cute and catchy story then I don't want to write. I have issues like that.

Life in Asia has been in an uproar lately. Things were quiet here while the terror attacks were happening in Mumbai, but security was definitely stepped up. Following this post is an article from our newspaper. It makes it sound like we were scared to death, but we weren't. We are pretty comfortable over here, and sometimes we need a wake up call to remember where we are and keep our awareness up. This time was even closer to home for us since they said in the news they were asking for Americans and British. We decided from now on we would say "estamos de Espana" I think we can pull that one off.

The biggest stressor for us though was the protests in Thailand. My babies are in Thailand. (They would die if they heard me calling them my babies). Christmas is fast approaching, and I was really getting worried that we would not be able to be together. Since we don't get to see them very much, I was not happy. It seems now that things have worked out, so I am hoping our plans will still come about.
This picture shows travelers stranded in Thailand.




Finally, I think it's just the holidays that have me down. It's always the hardest time of year here. The boys weren't able to come home for Thanksgiving, and their dinner didn't work out too well for them. Christmas is worse. It is really hard to feel "Christmasy" when it's ninety degrees out. I miss being with my family at Christmas. When you are used to sharing Christmas with a large crowd of relatives it's strange to celebrate without at least one family reunion, not to mention various Christmas programs to attend. (I am going to try to remember that next year if they start to get on my nerves:))
Well, now that I have gotten all that whining done, maybe I can come up with a cute and catchy post next time.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We were especially thinking of you when the Thai airports were closed. I'm so glad they are open - for your sake and others'.

Tami said...

We can't wait to have you back next year! :) I'm glad you all are safe and sound and will be able to follow through on your holiday plans. Don't worry about having your blog posts be 'just so'. Just blog. It's cathartic, I'm tellin ya.
BTW - my word verification is 'hamen'...hmmm...sounds like 'Amen' to me. ;)